[SOLVED] Is it enough power?

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
So I used Outervision's PSU Calculator and it says I need at least a 750w PSU because the load is 704w. I only put the game and time of using like 8 hours a day. Is it really necessary tho? Only casual use and a bit of gaming like AC, LoL, Rocket League etc... MSI Afterburner never exceeds the 500w mark tho. So which one to trust?

My Current Specs:-
Ryzen 5 2600
AMD Stock Cooler
AsRock B450 Steel Legend
Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 16GB (8GBX2) 3600Mhz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8GB SE
Patriot Burst 240GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
Super Flower Leadex II Gold 650w 80+ Gold
Phanteks P400A DRGB Black

Solution
I put those specs in the calculator and it's telling me your current load is around 379W, which sounds correct given your current setup. There's absolutely no way you're getting 700+W lmao. It's recommended PSU wattage is 429W (we'll call that 450) for a non-overclocked system, and it's recommended to add one or two hundred on top of that for insurance, putting you around 650W max necessity. Unless you plan to upgrade to a higher wattage CPU or GPU, your current 650W is definitely more than enough to get the job done.

Have you been noticing any performance decreases from your PSU?
I put those specs in the calculator and it's telling me your current load is around 379W, which sounds correct given your current setup. There's absolutely no way you're getting 700+W lmao. It's recommended PSU wattage is 429W (we'll call that 450) for a non-overclocked system, and it's recommended to add one or two hundred on top of that for insurance, putting you around 650W max necessity. Unless you plan to upgrade to a higher wattage CPU or GPU, your current 650W is definitely more than enough to get the job done.

Solution

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016

Nope, not at all.