Question Is it exist any adapter which convert PCI-E port to DDR2 RAM slot?

Lancelotsan

Commendable
Jul 8, 2019
I am using the P5Q-Pro mainboard. It have 4 slots DDR2 and support maximum 16GB DDR2 non-ECC, un-buffered memory.

But the trouble is: it is very difficult to find the DDR2 4gb today. Actually, I don’t know if it really existed.

So, are we have anyway to increase slots ram for the mainboard? I searched, but only find these adapter which convert PCI-E X1 to PCI-E X16.

https://www.amazon.in/StarTech-Express-Profile-Extension-Adapter/dp/B0039XPS5W

Thank you.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
depending on where you live, there are services that offer you a shipping address on miami so you make the purchase, pay, offer that shipping address and the package is sold and sent to that address, from that shipping address the package is transported via airplane or by sea, depends on the country and the costs involved

the service often cost 7 to 10 dollars and they usually charge around 10 dollars per 500 grams of weight of the product you purchase and usually takes 1 or 2 weeks, all depends on what service is offered on your country and if you are willing to try the purchase

to be honest, i personally wouldn't buy ddr2 ram, we are talking about a motherboard that must be at least 10 years old, in my personal opinion is a waste of money and i would aim to a newer second hand pc or a new cheap ryzen build

Reactions: Lancelotsan

Lancelotsan

Commendable
Jul 8, 2019
depending on where you live, there are services that offer you a shipping address on miami so you make the purchase, pay, offer that shipping address and the package is sold and sent to that address, from that shipping address the package is transported via airplane or by sea, depends on the country and the costs involved

the service often cost 7 to 10 dollars and they usually charge around 10 dollars per 500 grams of weight of the product you purchase and usually takes 1 or 2 weeks, all depends on what service is offered on your country and if you are willing to try the purchase

to be honest, i personally wouldn't buy ddr2 ram, we are talking about a motherboard that must be at least 10 years old, in my personal opinion is a waste of money and i would aim to a newer second hand pc or a new cheap ryzen build

thank you.

Actually, I almost use my old PC to play old game. You know, very many old game can't play on new PC in the present-day. I'm satisfield with my PC until now, exclude it just have 8gb DDR2 ( DDR2 2gb x 4).

I feel it is so strange that no one made these adapter which convert PCI-E to RAM slots.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
iirc the ram modules don't communicate via pci express slots on these old motherboards but i could be wrong

if the game is ol, and you already have more than 4 gbs of ram, there is no point on adding more ram, it will not be used, few old games will handle more than 2 gbs

newer games will be quite different, my advise is move to a newer platform, if you need old games to run consider virtualbox as a option, don't waste money on a solution that probably will not work and you will end up wasting time and money on it

Reactions: Lancelotsan

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Actually, I almost use my old PC to play old game. You know, very many old game can't play on new PC in the present-day. I'm satisfield with my PC until now, exclude it just have 8gb DDR2 ( DDR2 2gb x 4).
I find it puzzling that these games are so old that they play well on a DDR2 platform and yet apparently require more than 8GB of RAM. Why exactly do you feel you need more RAM?

Lancelotsan

Commendable
Jul 8, 2019
I find it puzzling that these games are so old that they play well on a DDR2 platform and yet apparently require more than 8GB of RAM. Why exactly do you feel you need more RAM?

actually, when I talking about "old games", I mean " these game from 2000-2007".

The trouble is sometimes, I still play the modern game,too.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
a cpu form that time will not run alot of modern games thanks to the lack of some instructions

other things should do just fine, but i wouldn't invest nor money or time on such old pc, because if the motherboard or the psu decides to die, all that money and time invested will go to the dumpster, or to recycle

Lancelotsan

Commendable
Jul 8, 2019
Do modern games actually play well on that system? I imagine the CPU will be holding you back, and adding more RAM is not going to change that. How exactly did you come to the conclusion you need more RAM?
Until now, it run good with Shadow of Mordor, Shadow of War and Three Kingdoms Total Wars.

However, when I max setting these game. I usually got memory trouble. My PC usually report: " Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer..." and ask me to increase PC's virtual memory.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3j9qjn0W4