[SOLVED] Is it Fan or Radiator or Cpu cooler???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020
Hi Guys, I'm new to desktop building and I need some help. I'm planning to build a gaming desktop which has a Hydro Series™ H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler. I'm not sure if that is a Radiator, Cpu Cooler or a Fan. Can someone specify what it is and tell me the differences of those? Thank you a lot!!

Solution
It's a AIO (All In One) liquid cooler for your CPU. Since it's considered a CLC (Closed Loop Cooler) it requires no maintenance. The cooler is made up of a pump which is part of the heatsink which pumps the fluid throughout the AIO system. The radiator has fans attached to it which can either push and/or pull air through the radiator to cool the liquid.

I'm planning to build a gaming desktop which has a Hydro Series™ H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler. I'm not sure if that is a Radiator, Cpu Cooler or a Fan.
It's all three.

WildCard999

Titan
It's a AIO (All In One) liquid cooler for your CPU. Since it's considered a CLC (Closed Loop Cooler) it requires no maintenance. The cooler is made up of a pump which is part of the heatsink which pumps the fluid throughout the AIO system. The radiator has fans attached to it which can either push and/or pull air through the radiator to cool the liquid.

I'm planning to build a gaming desktop which has a Hydro Series™ H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler. I'm not sure if that is a Radiator, Cpu Cooler or a Fan.
It's all three.

Solution
Mar 2, 2020

It's all three.
So i can connect the H115I either to the above intel i9-9900k, fan support or radiator support?

WildCard999

Titan
So i can connect the H115I either to the above intel i9-9900k, fan support or radiator support?
I'm not sure what your asking exactly?... The fans are attached to the radiator and then the cables are usually connected to each other via a PWM fan splitter that is connected to the motherboard to control the fan speeds. There is also usually a cable (USB 2.0) that connects from the pump to the motherboard to control the pump speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.