[SOLVED] is it faulty nvme xpg x8100

drdccd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
I just purchased XPG SX8100 1tb, it is always causing the system to restart during gaming and the temperature reach 85-93C, on idle and normal use the temperature is 47C.

the case is of good ventilation and the nvme is not covered by any internal component, i used the heatsink and i got the same results,

i tried Addlink S 70, the maximum temperature is 70 C during gaming , on idle and normal use the temperature is 32-37.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/wi772sjotqtw6uw/adata3.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/view/csg7413t8ozufdd/nvme.png

how to solve the heating problem of XPG? or is it faulty ?

Solution
my SX8200 doesnt go above 40 while benchmarking or prolonged file transfer and although its winter I live in a relatively hot climate
While gaming it settles around 35 and I have it under my GPU with the Heat shield on

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
what is your case and the rest of your system components ? and please add pictures of your case interior

your temperatures are too high with both nvme drives I suspect something is blowing hot air at your nvme

drdccd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
i adjusted the fan speed during gaming and the temprature never exceed 49-65 this is in expense of noise (75% fan speed).
GFX is xfx Rx580 8 gb,
ng3t73pberx9tdyzg.jpg

but in case of of normal use it not exceeding the 45 C,while during using Crystal mark the temperature with time interval between the R/W test is 5 seconds is still high

t4m9hnpn3vcc2dfzg.jpg

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
These temperatures are tooo high

how exactly did you think that your case has good ventilation ?

you need to do some cable management to allow airwflow from the front fans (assuming you have them), and that hard drive has no where else to fit ? and

Reactions: drdccd

drdccd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
These temperatures are tooo high

how exactly did you think that your case has good ventilation ?

you need to do some cable management to allow airwflow from the front fans (assuming you have them), and that hard drive has no where else to fit ? and
i`m operating a direct fan to the internal component , the case is A-Open, the psu is antec modular, but am trying to fix the heating problem so that am not fixing the hdd into the position, normal burst of temperature is considered normal for the ssd ; in case of heavy load, but a temprature 55-70 during gaming is higher than normal i guess,

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
my SX8200 doesnt go above 40 while benchmarking or prolonged file transfer and although its winter I live in a relatively hot climate
While gaming it settles around 35 and I have it under my GPU with the Heat shield on

Solution

drdccd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
during gaming it reach up to 82,
Actually you gave me a hint, i found an old fan and i tried to use it directly ( i used the GFX back plate):ROFLMAO:) and the temprature without interval like this , i guess this type of SSD needs a fan.
syj90c8p7kjqmfhzg.jpg

ddikiwid4yvdak8zg.jpg

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
havent seen detailed reviews but there are some customer reviews that complain from overheating issues and random shutdowns , so it seems this specific model requires very good cooling , you need to install the heatsink that came with it
The fan you installed ofcourse does a good job but i dont think that is a loong term solution

I ran the whole test and it very briefly got to 43c

J8iYFln.png