Question Is it fine to keep my GTX 660 2GB fan curve to 80% when it touches 70°C

Aug 5, 2022
My GTX 660 2GB heats up to 78°C with default fan curve so I changed it to make it 80% when it hits 68°C it's very little bit noisy when it touches 68°C and it is fine for me... Is there anything that would damage my Graphic card due to this?

My GTX 660 2GB heats up to 78°C with default fan curve so I changed it to make it 80% when it hits 68°C it's very little bit noisy when it touches 68°C and it is fine for me... Is there anything that would damage my Graphic card due to this?
Well, for me, i would like to clean the gpu completely. Starting from cleaning the pcb from dusts, the heatsink and fins from dust (sometimes i wash it lol but dry it afterwards), and clean the fans. Just dont tolerate any small dusts or dirt. after that re paste it. that should help you from getting lower temps

My friend did the same except the pcb was still dirty, decided to wash the whole pcb (dont try and do this), and now his 750ti is far more cooler.

Aug 5, 2022
Well, for me, i would like to clean the gpu completely. Starting from cleaning the pcb from dusts, the heatsink and fins from dust (sometimes i wash it lol but dry it afterwards), and clean the fans. Just dont tolerate any small dusts or dirt. after that re paste it. that should help you from getting lower temps

My friend did the same except the pcb was still dirty, decided to wash the whole pcb (dont try and do this), and now his 750ti is far more cooler.
Iam not good at removing parts to clean now after adjusting the fan curve it's fine and stays below 70°C iam asking is it bad for the Graphics card due to the fan speed?

Udyr

Honorable
Mar 3, 2021
Iam not good at removing parts to clean now after adjusting the fan curve it's fine and stays below 70°C iam asking is it bad for the Graphics card due to the fan speed?
I would refrain from washing any of the parts if you're not sure of what you're doing or comfortable with the process. Dusting off with a brush and air should be enough to keep it decently clean.

It is not bad for the GPU to keep a fan curve based on temperature. As long as you don't keep the fans at 100% the whole time (this reduces the fan's lifespan) and your GPU's temps are within safe operation, you'll be fine.