Question is it good idea to change 3060ti for a 4060 in 4k

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi.
i was happy with my system until i changed my monitor from FHD to 4k not for just gaming purpose.
i knew my GpU is not adequate for 4k but i never knew how bad.
i play Hogwarts legacy since release date and i am almost 25% i said that to let you know i am not hardcore Gamer.
also i have 32 gb Ram installed.
in FHD, i could get 60 fps in almost everywhere with everything max RTX ultra and no Dlss at all...

in 4k, i had to turn on Dlss and set to Auto + lower the rtx from Ultra to low... other settings are same as before. in this situation its 55~60 and works fine...

yet i thought if i had a 40 gen card with FG option, it may preform better. but i read somewhere that since 4060 is a 128 bit, it preform worse in 4k.

so in this situation , is it ideal to get a 4060 to replace 3060ti with hope that it preform better in 4k?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
hi.
i was happy with my system until i changed my monitor from FHD to 4k not for just gaming purpose.
i knew my GpU is not adequate for 4k but i never knew how bad.
i play Hogwarts legacy since release date and i am almost 25% i said that to let you know i am not hardcore Gamer.
also i have 32 gb Ram installed.
in FHD, i could get 60 fps in almost everywhere with everything max RTX ultra and no Dlss at all...

in 4k, i had to turn on Dlss and set to Auto + lower the rtx from Ultra to low... other settings are same as before. in this situation its 55~60 and works fine...

yet i thought if i had a 40 gen card with FG option, it may preform better. but i read somewhere that since 4060 is a 128 bit, it preform worse in 4k.

so in this situation , is it ideal to get a 4060 to replace 3060ti with hope that it preform better in 4k?
100% no it's not really a upgrade. If anything save up a bit more and try for a 4070.

Reactions: PEnns

TRENDING THREADS