[SOLVED] Is it good to upgrade 60hz to 144hz 1080p monitor?

May 21, 2021
Currently, I have a dell P2319H, 60 hz 5ms monitor.
I have no concern about this monitor, it has really great picture quality.

Recently I have upgraded my pc to rtx 3060ti and the monitor upgrade is still remaining.

Is it worth upgrading 1080 144hz 1ms monitor? Do I get better results in gaming? or maybe needed to upgrade 4k 144 hz monitor to get noticeable results?

Solution
Depends on what you use it for.

If you are getting greater than 60 FPS at the moment, you could certainly benefit from the higher refresh rate, there would be less tearing when running greater than 60hz, better response times.

1440p is probably a safer resolution to move to rather than 4K. Both will be a performance loss but if you can increase image quality at little to no loss in performance, that is always good.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what you use it for.

If you are getting greater than 60 FPS at the moment, you could certainly benefit from the higher refresh rate, there would be less tearing when running greater than 60hz, better response times.

1440p is probably a safer resolution to move to rather than 4K. Both will be a performance loss but if you can increase image quality at little to no loss in performance, that is always good.

Solution