Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Examine your current interests and skills.

If you enjoy physical fitness and sports, that is certainly a potential career path. If you feel you aren't good enough to be a professional athlete that still leaves:
Physical therapist (medical injury/surgery recovery)
Physical trainer (ie working for a sports team)
Personal Physical Trainer (individual coaching, either on your own or something like a fitness center)
There are also hospitality careers. Lifeguard on a Cruise Ship for example.
And there are even more scientific/medical routes. Orthopedics, Prosthesis, Human Mechanics/Ergonomics, etc.
Don't have to limit yourself to water/swimming either.

If you are thinking of something else, what are your interests?

You can also look at any current job you have as a way to learn interpersonal and professional behavior. I worked at swimming pool when I was 15 now that I think about it, administration and concessions (front desk/food)

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
friend of mine started as a teen lifeguard. when he was about 25 he was i charge of a couple miles of beach every summer. at 35 he's in charge of even more including training and the summer lifeaguard camp they do every year.

of course it all depends on where you are at and how it all works and such. but i'd say stick with it if you like it and see where it goes. :)

usually only summer work so leaves time for school well enough. he worked it all through college and still does it every summer even though he is a high school teacher now as well.