[SOLVED] Is it harmful to the PSU to connect it with a Power Cable that is rated higher V and A then the PSU?

NuKeRGG

Honorable
May 15, 2014
So I can't seem to find a proper answer to this.. I've seen someone say that it's okay, because even if the power cable can provide more volts and amperes, the psu will only draw as much as it needs.. but it was the only answer I saw, so I just want to make sure...
My PSU is 230V and 6A
The power cable I have is 250V and 10A..
If I use this power cord with my PSU.. will it harm the PSU by providing more volts and amperes then it needs?? Or is like the other guy said, and its okay since even tho it can provide more, the PSU will only draw as much as it needs?

Solution
My PSU is 230V and 6A
If I use this power cord with my PSU.. will it harm the PSU by providing more volts and amperes then it needs?? Or is like the other guy said, and its okay since even tho it can provide more, the PSU will only draw as much as it needs?
It's the wall socket/ power plant that is giving you whatever it's giving you, that should be pretty stable at around 220V for Europe.
The power cable is just an extension of the wall socket.
My PSU is 230V and 6A
It's the wall socket/ power plant that is giving you whatever it's giving you, that should be pretty stable at around 220V for Europe.
The power cable is just an extension of the wall socket.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts