Is it hdd or cable?

Milos_SRBIJA

Reputable
Sep 22, 2015
Hi i have problem and dont know whats the problem.I have put a game to download while i sleeping.Then in a morning i go to computer and it look like he restart and it says DISK BOOT FAILURE.It happens sometimes.Is it cable problem is it power supply or something else?

Solution
Hey there, Milos.

It doesn't sound like anything that has to do with the PSU. If I were you, I'd backup any important data which might be on the HDD, just in case something unexpected happens. After that you should download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and run all the tests so that you see if there are any errors or bad sectors. If everything seems fine, go ahead and try the drive with a different SATA port and with different cables as well, to see if the problem still persists.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, Milos.

It doesn't sound like anything that has to do with the PSU. If I were you, I'd backup any important data which might be on the HDD, just in case something unexpected happens. After that you should download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and run all the tests so that you see if there are any errors or bad sectors. If everything seems fine, go ahead and try the drive with a different SATA port and with different cables as well, to see if the problem still persists.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution