[SOLVED] Is it illegal to stream gameplay on YouTube without showing my face but commenting on it with my voice ?

Bassem Fares

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
i'm thinking about recording my gameplay and commenting on it with my voiceover but without showing my face
do you think it is illegal? or fair use law will affect on it?
may this prevent me from using AdSense ?

Solution
I don't know where you got that idea, but that's legal and lots of people do it.

Facecam gameplay became popular in recent years, but in 2009-2013 youtube was filled with non face cam videos.

Nowadays, there are even VTubers that use an anime 2d/3d avatar with face tracking.
I don't know where you got that idea, but that's legal and lots of people do it.

Facecam gameplay became popular in recent years, but in 2009-2013 youtube was filled with non face cam videos.

Nowadays, there are even VTubers that use an anime 2d/3d avatar with face tracking.

Reactions: Bassem Fares
Solution

Bassem Fares

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019

thanks a lot :)
and thanks for your time