Question Is it impossible to record gameplay with GT 1030?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
When i use fraps, i get exact same video as the gameplay however it consumes too much resources and file size goes in several GB's just for a few min gameplay. So, i tried OBS and a few more software, like FBX Recorder but they require a GPU encoder and for some reason i don't get the option to use GPU encoder and i get very average and blurry videos, though 720 60 fps.. I have Nvidia GE but it doesnt allow me to record. Something is wrong and i don't know what it is.

Well, what are your rest of system specs?
CPU-
Ram-
Storage-

You could get away with recording of via intel intergrated graphics.
But issues is, like I had, if you have one Hard disk and you record and game on it that causes FPS drops.Because the file is being written while game loads off the HDD (With ssd it should be smoother).
For instance I record on same HDD with windows while i game onto another HDD without any issues or fps drop at full HD.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Well, what are your rest of system specs?
CPU- Core i5-2310
Ram- 8 GB DDR3
Storage- 1 TB HDD

I've checked multiple times, but i don't find any option to record video from Nvidia Geforce experience. So may be, GT 1030 is not allowed to do that.

Apparently, other software are also not able to use the GPU encoder.

I talked to my friend who records amazing 1080p 60 fps and he told me that he uses the AMD software to record & have this config: i7-7700, 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 8GB RX 580.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'm going to upgrade to SSD soon. Either a 256 GB Samsung 860 Evo or 480 GB KIngston A400.

Status
Not open for further replies.