Is it me or has Toms been focusing TOO much of Ati/AMD lately?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I even see an ADspace that is by AMD, the Advertorial.... What is that about?

I know Nvidia hasent come out with any new cards besides OC and Superclocked versions but their marketing seems to be on the down low and waiting for something big to be announced. I hope its the calm before the storm.

Im not saying that you have changed and become biased towards ATi/AMD but it just seems like all the recent coverage has been ATi/AMD centric. the 5870, 5850, AMDs cheap $100quad core, Athlon2 or Phenom2 article, L3 cache article, DX11 and eyeinfinity.

Today we get Ati article or the release of the 5770 and 5750 and for some reason not including higher end gpus instead capping the nvidia cards at GTX260 instead of GTX275 or even the GTX285 in the chart comparisons....

randomizer

Champion
And I thought everyone said Tom's were NVIDIA fanboys, why the change of opinion? :D

There's little point pitting a 5770 against a card far more expensive and in a completely different performance tier. You want a HD5850 pitted against GT220 too?

Intel has plenty of support here on Toms.
As for ATI, theyre the ones teleasing cards=big deal
DX11=Big deal
First DX11 cards= Big deal

Its not just any release, and its a shocker, as nVidia has controlled the market for ahile, and alot of ATI fans are happy to see them at the top, its been too long, alot of pent up desire being shown
Also, alot of shock from nVidia fans, some in disbelief, and it causes more problems, besides what the ATI fans already do

wuzy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Besides GT220 and GT210 in the mid-low end it's all yawns from nVidia lately.
AMD on the other hand has a lot of HTPC solutions made from 785G, the RV870 is causing a big ruckus obviously and uber-cheap Athlon X4 quads.

It's how the market works. Live with it, you pathetic fanboys.

Speaking of what really matters when considering a video card.

I made my submission to XFX the first day on competition, but it didn't show up on their site. Our front desk 'Spokesmodel' could win the contest, but I chose a video I had laying around of a gal playing a flute. I have a link if anyone wants to see it. If I get a chance I'll post it. :lol: Tom's needs a Spokesmodel to set things straight around here in the Forum related. Tech site, schmeck site. Tom's needs to have an official spokesmodel. And offer a sticker of her to stick to your lousy 210/220's. :lol:

Request XFX newsletters. To the people there the distribution and sale of video cards has a direct correllation with nekkid women. Or as nekkid as they can legally photograph them and paste stickers on their cards.

Not only is my mailbox filled with pictures of sexy women due to XFX's classy email products updates, I can't open my case in front of my wife. Obviously I deleted all the XFX pics and work on my computer in secrecy.

Veteran ranking is based on 5000 points. The next ranking 'status' mark is 'Addict' which requires 15,000 points: cough. I believe 'Master' designation requires hundreds of thousands of points. 5000 points is nothing, a nOOb can get 5000 points in like a few hours on here. Veteran? Makes sense. But, yeah I don't know why. Blessed?