Is it more better for gaming (GTX 1070 & i7 7700k or GTX 1080 & i5-7600k)?

chrispygr

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
I'm about to build a new computer and I'm comfused what to buy.I mostly play games and rarely edit with Premiere Pro, what should I choose.

E.S The CPU in both systems will be overclocked due to my cooler (Corsair Hydroseries h100i v2)

Solution
Speaking in very general terms, if you want a higher resolution (say 4K) then you'll need a more powerful GPU but a less powerful CPU can be paired with it.

If you want a lower resolution (1080p or 1440p) with a high refresh rate (say 144Hz) then you should be able to get away with a 1070 but pair it with a more powerful CPU.

The CPU determines whether or not your GPU will be able to output it's maximum fps at the given resolution/graphical setting you have set.

Older games only tend to leverage 2 to 4 threads maximum. Newer games (looking forward) will be optimised for 4 or more threads - so bear that in mind.
Speaking in very general terms, if you want a higher resolution (say 4K) then you'll need a more powerful GPU but a less powerful CPU can be paired with it.

If you want a lower resolution (1080p or 1440p) with a high refresh rate (say 144Hz) then you should be able to get away with a 1070 but pair it with a more powerful CPU.

The CPU determines whether or not your GPU will be able to output it's maximum fps at the given resolution/graphical setting you have set.

Older games only tend to leverage 2 to 4 threads maximum. Newer games (looking forward) will be optimised for 4 or more threads - so bear that in mind.

Solution

VideoklipBG

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

Hello! I think the same thing that 'bignastyid' said - If you are going to play the newest games on max settings and on 4K or 144Hz - Probably the 1080 is the choice.
If you are going to play on 1440p or lower - The 1070 is perfectly fine. For streaming / recording / rendering is better to have powerful CPU, even that the i5 is not bad at all.
I prefer the 1070 with more powerful CPU for rendering and streaming on non-4K, even with multiple monitor setup.