[SOLVED] Is it my CPU issue or my HDDs?

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
Hi.
I'm new here so don't actually know the proper way to ask but I'll ask anyways.
First of all, I have attached my . DX DIAG made info to the thread so you can see whatever parts i have.
Coming to the question.
My windows is installed on 240 something GB SSD and I had an Internal IDE SATA HDD for my data.
A week ago, I was installing Avast in my computer, during the installation, My PC showed bluescreen and restarted. the error was something related to Avast, I remember this because I googled it and people were saying thats its a known avast problem. I tried booting the windows, Didnt work.
So I installed a fresh copy in my SSD. Then booted again, Installed avast again, Same happened.
I installed the windows again because at that point I thought my windows is malfunctioning.
After booting the new windows, I couldn't see my HDD in My Computer, Disk Management not even in BIOS. After multiple restarts, in bios, It'd show its signature and size as well but not in the Disk management or in My Computer. I bought a new HDD of 2TB a day before yesterday. Installed it with the same SATA cables and the same power port.
It worked fine, I downloaded some games and some software in that disk after partitioning it with disk manager yesterday and turned off the PC.
When I turned on the PC today, My Computer wasn't showing any of the partitions, I checked the disk Management it showed a drive UNALLOCATED with 3.9 GB of space(This HDD was of 2TB). I was shocked. It was in warranty so I went and got it claimed, They gave me a new one.
Now I am afraid that this new HDD will also face the same issue as if something is wrong with my Motherboad or the Sata cable or the ports or God knows the Power Supply or WHAT!!!

HELP me.

What
Hi.
I'm new here so don't actually know the proper way to ask but I'll ask anyways.
First of all, I have attached my . DX DIAG made info to the thread so you can see whatever parts i have.
Coming to the question.
My windows is installed on 240 something GB SSD and I had an Internal IDE SATA HDD for my data.
A week ago, I was installing Avast in my computer, during the installation, My PC showed bluescreen and restarted. the error was something related to Avast, I remember this because I googled it and people were saying thats its a known avast problem. I tried booting the windows, Didnt work.
So I installed a fresh copy in my SSD. Then booted again, Installed avast again, Same happened.
I installed the windows again because at that point I thought my windows is malfunctioning.
After booting the new windows, I couldn't see my HDD in My Computer, Disk Management not even in BIOS. After multiple restarts, in bios, It'd show its signature and size as well but not in the Disk management or in My Computer. I bought a new HDD of 2TB a day before yesterday. Installed it with the same SATA cables and the same power port.
It worked fine, I downloaded some games and some software in that disk after partitioning it with disk manager yesterday and turned off the PC.
When I turned on the PC today, My Computer wasn't showing any of the partitions, I checked the disk Management it showed a drive UNALLOCATED with 3.9 GB of space(This HDD was of 2TB). I was shocked. It was in warranty so I went and got it claimed, They gave me a new one.
Now I am afraid that this new HDD will also face the same issue as if something is wrong with my Motherboad or the Sata cable or the ports or God knows the Power Supply or WHAT!!!

HELP me.
Can you list your components mb, PSU, processor and all

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
What

Can you list your components mb, PSU, processor and all
Thanks for replying.
As I said im new to this so I didnt knew the proper way to ask.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
RAM: 2 sticks of HMT41GU6AFR8A-PB - SK Hynix 8GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard: Dell 088DT1
PSU: Seasonic ss-400et 400W PSU
If this is not enough, I'll share more info if you want but please help me here.

Thanks for replying.
As I said im new to this so I didnt knew the proper way to ask.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
RAM: 2 sticks of HMT41GU6AFR8A-PB - SK Hynix 8GB DDR3-1600
Motherboard: Dell 088DT1
PSU: Seasonic ss-400et 400W PSU
If this is not enough, I'll share more info if you want but please help me here.
That's a oem mobo have you contacted Dell about this and there are chances that your mobo is the cause

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
That's a oem mobo have you contacted Dell about this and there are chances that your mobo is the cause
How do I do that? and how are they gonna fix it? I mean like are they gonna ask me to change the mobo or they are gonna fix it thru some software or whatever?
SORRY for these dumb questions but im actually not familiar with this stuff.

It is still installed but not the same version. I downloaded a newer version from the official website that one is installed and didn't bothered the SSD(I haven't attached the HDD yet).
Do not install your hdd yet let a mod come and see the post they will be able to guide you better, did you install avast previously from an unofficial website? Dude never do that don't install software from any other site Anyway let a mod help you and give thier suggestion. To me it feels like everything happened after that avast, how was your pc before installing avast previously?

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
Do not install your hdd yet let a mod come and see the post they will be able to guide you better, did you install avast previously from an unofficial website? Dude never do that don't install software from any other site Anyway let a mod help you and give thier suggestion. To me it feels like everything happened after that avast, how was your pc before installing avast previously?
Yes it happened after avast. But is there a chance that Avast did something to my SSD and my SSD is causing this problem with my HDDs? Any kind of virus or corrupted files in SSD that might not have been removed while installing windows? should i deep clean my SSD by putting it on any other PC and then install a new windows? Would that help?

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
Turn off Fast Boot option in BIOS.

What model HDD and SSD?
How come Fast Boot would help??
SSD is of ADATA SU630.
The HDD which was bricked 10 days ago was 1TB Seagate ST3100528AS. The one after that was of 2TB Seagate ST200VM003 of which I claimed warranty and got the same new one which I am not putting in the PC until this problem is resolved.

Yes it happened after avast. But is there a chance that Avast did something to my SSD and my SSD is causing this problem with my HDDs? Any kind of virus or corrupted files in SSD that might not have been removed while installing windows? should i deep clean my SSD by putting it on any other PC and then install a new windows? Would that help?
While installing windows did you choose the option to upgrade or custom install?? And if custom install did you formatted your drive or installed it directly without formatting your drive? And i don't think you might require avast i personally do not install any kind of antivirus, Just keep your windows updated and windows will keep you safe and never install software from any sites download them directly from the software developer and your pc will be just fine

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
While installing windows did you choose the option to upgrade or custom install?? And if custom install did you formatted your drive or installed it directly without formatting your drive? And i don't think you might require avast i personally do not install any kind of antivirus, Just keep your windows updated and windows will keep you safe and never install software from any sites download them directly from the software developer and your pc will be just fine
I installed using custom and yes I formatted the drive completely also formatted and deleted the recovery partitions and created new ones while installing windows 10.

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
Disabling it could help.
Fast boot is meant to improve boot times, but to do that certain operations are delayed (possibly even skipped).
This can sometimes lead to data loss. Drive becoming unallocated is one of symptoms.
But I don't have my windows on the HDDs. Its on my SSD which is working just fine as of now.

I installed using custom and yes I formatted the drive completely also formatted and deleted the recovery partitions and created new ones while installing windows 10.
Then Iguess it's most likely avast what might have screwed your disk can't say for sure since i haven't used avast, trust me updated windows will keep you safe but if you still wanna keep some kind of antivirus solution then i had used malwarebyte and i like it, but you get only 14 days trial and gotta pay for further use, however , as you said that you have downloaded now from avast itself so okay no issue(i presume) but personally i haven't used antivirus software since ages and i don't think most of the people need it

munnag790

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
Then Iguess it's most likely avast what might have screwed your disk can't say for sure since i haven't used avast, trust me updated windows will keep you safe but if you still wanna keep some kind of antivirus solution then i had used malwarebyte and i like it, but you get only 14 days trial and gotta pay for further use, however , as you said that you have downloaded now from avast itself so okay no issue(i presume) but personally i haven't used antivirus software since ages and i don't think most of the people need it
So, will it eradicate the problem if I clean the SSD well using other PC and then install a new fresh windows?