• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Is it my gpu or the game?

poorbugger

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
I have a sapphire pulse rx580 (it's actually an rx570 2048sp) but it's sold as rx580 in the china market. You can get more info from hardware unboxed. Anyway, it's 1304 mhz core clock out of the box on default and i oced it to 1340mhz and did some undervolt. Temps are good sitting at 70C max during gaming. Now, i've been running this oc for a month or two now. I never get crashes or freezes on red dead redemption 2, cod mw, apex legends etc. Today, i tried out Warhammer: Vermintide 2 and within 5 minutes, my screen froze. There's audio but i couldnt move anything or bring up the task manager. I couldnt do anything except restarting the whole pc. After i disable oc, i can run the game now without crashes but why was my oc not working on that game only? I stress test my previous oc for hours and it was working fine but it crashes within 5 minutes in that game. Oh yeah my cpu is ryzen 5 2600 and psu is corsair cx550. Everything is brand new except for the gpu. It works fine and i've checked it myself.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS