[SOLVED] is it my HDD or CPU i need to change

May 10, 2020
i have this problem with games which seems like the textures don't load as fast as the map around me in games. i don't have fps problems or anything like that, actually the games should be easily loaded. the reason i think it's my HDD is because i both have a HDD and SSD, the SSD is only for my system and one other game i feel like having fast loading times. at the moment the game i play which is on the SSD is rdr 2. that game takes a lot but i have a rig that can play it pretty solid with good graphics and good fps. on my HDD on the other hand i have games where i should even easily play with the highest settings, but i still see a problem with detailed textures (and i think that's the problem, because the details are blurry but the fps doesn't go down while everything is ragged around) so sometimes i have to wait a bit before it kind of evens out. that problem i don't have in rdr 2.
The only reason i'm asking is because i have a friend who believes it's my CPU that has a problem rendering. yeah i have an i5-7600K but an i5 shouldn't be a problem gaming wise. and i have a RTX 2070 GPU while having 16 GB of RAM
i really don't feel like changing my CPU at the moment and getting one more SSD is just cheaper if that is or could be the problem

Solution
HDD is the problem most likely.
Even if something else is causing the issue, the HDD will certainly have a significant effect on load times.

TRENDING THREADS