[SOLVED] Is it my monitor or my GPU that's causing freezes ?

Feb 28, 2021
Hello,

Today my LG 27GN7 is freezing when i play any games. I updated windows this morning and my games are freezing. I have 2 monitors and when i alt+tab and bring up task manager on the LG, i am able to select options to force quit my game. I've run multiple games and am having the same issue on this monitor. My PC specs are:

Intel i9-10850k at 5Ghz
Asus Prime Z490-A
Trident Z DDR4 32Gbs at 3200Mhz
Nvidia RTX 3090
850 Watt 80 gold PSU

I'm not sure if its the monitor since its able to display the task manager just fine and runs the windows screen just fine, this only happens when gaming on the screen.

Solution
" I updated windows this morning and my games are freezing. "

Unless you have a backup image to roll back to from before that update, your efforts might be best spent on looking for updated drivers, or, more likely, preparing for what might be a complete reinstall of OS, drivers, and games. (Back up needed files now just in case that comes to be necessary)
" I updated windows this morning and my games are freezing. "

Unless you have a backup image to roll back to from before that update, your efforts might be best spent on looking for updated drivers, or, more likely, preparing for what might be a complete reinstall of OS, drivers, and games. (Back up needed files now just in case that comes to be necessary)

Solution
Mar 24, 2021
Your computer will create a restore point before every major windows update by default. If you are sure it is running fine before the update then just roll it back.