[SOLVED] Is it my Rig? Or the Game?

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017
hello, i'm somewhat knowlegable on PC hardware, but i still have a million things to learn when it comes to part comparisons

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480
RAM: 24 GB DDR3

some games I've been playing recently have been studdering and giving inconsistent FPS, games like Wolfenstien New Order, Assassins Creed Origins, Monster Hunter World, No Man's Sky are a couple, so i ask, are these games just not optimized properly? or is my hardware not up to snuff, seeing as i did build this machine around 4 years ago.

Solution
D
Your processor is pretty old and really is not a gaming processor so I think you need a new CPU and motherboard and Ram

I would get an AM4 motherboard fast DDR 4, 2 sticks sold as a kit and a Ryzen 5 or 7
D

Deleted member 14196

If all of these games used to play fine before then it might be due to a graphics driver that has bugs. If you just updated your graphics driver, you might want to roll them back to a more stable version for your machine

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017
If all of these games used to play fine before then it might be due to a graphics driver that has bugs. If you just updated your graphics driver, you might want to roll them back to a more stable version for your machine
they all had inconsistent FPS when i bought them, so sadly i have nothing to compare to, which is why i wondered if my hardware is up to snuff? or is my gaming PC garbo

D

Deleted member 14196

Your processor is pretty old and really is not a gaming processor so I think you need a new CPU and motherboard and Ram

I would get an AM4 motherboard fast DDR 4, 2 sticks sold as a kit and a Ryzen 5 or 7

Solution

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017

thatnks! that's mainly what i was asking about, which i kind of figured it was my processor holding me back, cause when i'd play Monster Hunter World, not only would i get the inconsistent FPS but according to Task Manager, MHW was using 65 - 70% of my processor just by itself, so i'll look into i new MB, AM4 and the Ryzen5 or 7, but for the sake of future, what do you look for in something being a "gaming" CPU? what about a GPU for that matter? just wanting to learn more at this point, also, how do i mark this as answered?

TRENDING THREADS