Is it necessary to install monitor drivers?

Barls

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
I bought a refurbished BenQ RL2455HM, and it didn't come with a driver install CD. Now I assume I'm gonna have to go to the website and download it, but is it really necessary to do so? I've been using it to play my PS4 while I wait for all the parts of my PC to come in and it seems to work just fine. Do people actually install the drivers or will I be fine without it?

vishnuip

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
I think there is no monitor drivers , we have only graphic card drivers and Display drivers , Display drivers are like Intel graphic driver. You need to install that driver it depends on your integrated graphic.

hjj174

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Actually, anything digital requires drivers since the data is sent with actual binary. Analog connections don't because it only sends a electrical signal.

Barls

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

In the manual of the RL2455HM it says to install Monitor driver software.

Barls

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

So when I set this monitor up with my PC will I need the drivers?

Barls

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

Ok thnx for the info!

non-smoker pete

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I would like to add that graphics professionals who NEED absolute perfect color go to a lot of effort to adjust their monitors for perfect color reproduction. For the rest of us, it is a waste of time. I am partly color-blind, so I wouldn't know if the colors were perfectly accurate or not. The generic drivers built into your OS will do a great job unless your monitor is defective, in which case, I'd return the monitor.

TRENDING THREADS