Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
So hello guys i have a question here, my current PC specs are
Motherboard : Asus B350M-A
GPU : Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CPU : Ryzen 3 1300x
RAM : 2x 4GB Kingston DIMM DDR4 2133 MHz clocked @ 1067 MHz
SSD 128 GB and 1TB HDD
I have it for 2 years now and i plan to upgrade my GPU either to GTX 1660 Ti or RX 590. Probably gonna upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 5 2600 since ive seen in the internet that my current CPU is too weak for these GPU. Is this upgrade worth it,considering ill sell the old parts? and should i upgrade my motherboard ?

WildCard999

Titan
Your memory needs to be upgraded, 2133 is too slow for Ryzen and going from that kit to a 288gb kit @3200 could make up to a 25 FPS difference depending on the game.

Once this is done then I'd determine the next upgrade based on how your games are running & at what settings.

I don't think you current CPU is too weak for those GPUs.
I would upgrade the GPU and try it.
I think it will work fine.
IF the CPU is maxing out....which I don't think it will be....then consider upgrading it....but I don't think you will need to.
That is still a very fast CPU.

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
Your memory needs to be upgraded, 2133 is too slow for Ryzen and going from that kit to a 288gb kit @3200 could make up to a 25 FPS difference depending on the game.

Once this is done then I'd determine the next upgrade based on how your games are running & at what settings.
yes im considering upgrading them too with the rest, thanks for the suggestion

WildCard999

Titan
yes im considering upgrading them too with the rest, thanks for the suggestion
If you do upgrade the memory then to get it to run at the correct speed go into the BIOS and enable DOCP under the performance tab.

I also wouldn't bother upgrading the motherboard as it supports up to 3rd gen as long as the BIOS is up to date. You may want to also update the BIOS prior to the memory upgrade to ensure compatibility/stability.

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
If you do upgrade the memory then to get it to run at the correct speed go into the BIOS and enable DOCP under the performance tab.

I also wouldn't bother upgrading the motherboard as it supports up to 3rd gen as long as the BIOS is up to date. You may want to also update the BIOS prior to the memory upgrade to ensure compatibility/stability.
https://www.mindfactory.de/product_...arz-DDR4-3200-DIMM-CL16-Dual-Kit_1026270.html
is this one good enough? Ive never update my BIOS since i bought it, so im gonna take a look at it

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
Those should work fine, as for updating the BIOS you can use the Asus EZ update in the BIOS and update via the internet.
ok thanks man. As for the game im playing only dota csgo and probably some gta and apex. I just wanna try to reach 144 fps on dota and csgo with just medium graphics since i also have a 144 hz Monitor and dont wanna waste it .

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
I don't think you current CPU is too weak for those GPUs.
I would upgrade the GPU and try it.
I think it will work fine.
IF the CPU is maxing out....which I don't think it will be....then consider upgrading it....but I don't think you will need to.
That is still a very fast CPU.
Im have no clue about it tbh , i just google and look into some websites and most of them say that it will bottleneck and i will get like - around 20 fps from that.

WildCard999

Titan
ok thanks man. As for the game im playing only dota csgo and probably some gta and apex. I just wanna try to reach 144 fps on dota and csgo with just medium graphics since i also have a 144 hz Monitor and dont wanna waste it .
Those games (besides GTA V if that's what your playing) really shouldn't need more then a quad core so try the memory first.

The 144hz is 1080P right?

WildCard999

Titan
I used ASUS EZ update it updates and i got the update screen said it will last 10 - 15 mins and i waited and the screen was gone and its total black screen for like 30 mins
Turn off the system, unplug it (or turn off the PSU switch) for about 5 mins, power back on then boot up. Let me know how it goes. If it boots to desktop then restart and go back into the BIOS and see if the version was updated.

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
Forgot to add to remove the CMOS battery when the system is powered down for a few mins.
ok so what ive tried so far is unplugged my gpu and connect the cable directly into the motherboard( monitor cable) and then i plugged in my usb flash to try this asus crashfree bios 3 but it doesnt work so ill try to remove cmos battery

WildCard999

Titan
Ok, try this.

Turn off the system.

Unplug both the system & monitor from the wall.

Remove the CMOS battery.

Wait 5 mins.

Install the CMOS battery.

Plug in the system & monitor. Also double check that all the connections between the monitor & system are snug.

Turn it on.

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
Ok, try this.

Turn off the system.

Unplug both the system & monitor from the wall.

Remove the CMOS battery.

Wait 5 mins.

Install the CMOS battery.

Plug in the system & monitor. Also double check that all the connections between the monitor & system are snug.

Turn it on.
its still a black screen,the fans are running but my mouse and keyboard doesnt recieve any signal ( the lights are off)

WildCard999

Titan
With the system off, unplugged from the wall, try clearing the CMOS via the jumper on the MB via screwdriver for 5 seconds.

n4tYWHY.png