Question Is it necessary to upgrade my Motherboard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
So hello guys i have a question here, my current PC specs are
Motherboard : Asus B350M-A
GPU : Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CPU : Ryzen 3 1300x
RAM : 2x 4GB Kingston DIMM DDR4 2133 MHz clocked @ 1067 MHz
SSD 128 GB and 1TB HDD
I have it for 2 years now and i plan to upgrade my GPU either to GTX 1660 Ti or RX 590. Probably gonna upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 5 2600 since ive seen in the internet that my current CPU is too weak for these GPU. Is this upgrade worth it,considering ill sell the old parts? and should i upgrade my motherboard ?

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
It's battery or jumper but that should have that jumper, it's from your motherboard manual. They may be difficult to see as there two very small pins.
yes i did find it, and i looked at the internet that i should short circuit both pins, and they used some kind of tool which i didnt have so i tried using a screwdriver to touch them both at the same time

WildCard999

Titan
Found them.

Uy4TMd5.png

To try and cover everything I'd start from the begining.

-Power off system.

-Unplug computer & monitor from wall (or surge protector, whatever your using).

-Remove CMOS battery.

-Put screwdriver between jumper for 15 seconds.

-Put CMOS battery back in.

-Plug system & monitor back into wall outlets (or surge protector, whatever your using).

-Power up system. If it boots go into the BIOS and revert to to default.

-Save & exit.

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
Found them.

Uy4TMd5.png

To try and cover everything I'd start from the begining.

-Power off system.

-Unplug computer & monitor from wall (or surge protector, whatever your using).

-Remove CMOS battery.

-Put screwdriver between jumper for 15 seconds.

-Put CMOS battery back in.

-Plug system & monitor back into wall outlets (or surge protector, whatever your using).

-Power up system. If it boots go into the BIOS and revert to to default.

-Save & exit.
did exactly what u told me to do, but still its a black screen

Revenant9930

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
so an update to this problem. I contacted ASUS and they said the problem is that i skipped to many updates on the BIOS. I sholdve updated slowly like step to step since there is an update that is important inbetween. So the only option is to recover it with a USB Stick but the USB slots on my Motherboard doesnt work. The last and final option is to change my bios chip which has a chance of 50% that itll work and function normally again. So because of the bios chip price including the delivery , and there is no guarantee that ill find the bios chip slot and sucessfully replacing it ( and if i did, it doesnt guarantee that it will function again) . Ive decided then to buy a new motherboard. RIP my old motherboard.