[SOLVED] Is it normal?,Backplate mounting noctua/id-cooling

Seba-PC

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
Hi, I have an id-cooling 224 xt and the Backplate is resting over the stock backplate of the mother, not over the 4 corners, in what I assume has a 4 white nylon washers, this backplate is the same as the one provided by Noctua, I just hand tighten everything by hand and a slightly with screwdriver, just enough for the cooler to not move.
Is this designed that way on purpose? Should it be tightened until it touches the actual motherboard with the 4 corners?
6e44aef4b93aaf3a16eceb2f190c92aeo.jpg

here is what I am talking about, you can see the space between the motherboard and the withe washer, (I put a piece of paper so you can appreciate it)
d815c4a43d59d041ee5cea9b3b8e81dco.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
No, do not tighten this until it touches the motherboard, it is designed that way so it hovers off the board slightly. The washers are there for a reason. Also, you can safely hand-tighten the screws until they are snug, but not tight. A cooler coming loose is definitely not going to be a funny situation. All backplates are pretty much the same anyway if they are for the corresponding socket type. happy gaming!

Ajfer03

Great
Jan 10, 2021
No, do not tighten this until it touches the motherboard, it is designed that way so it hovers off the board slightly. The washers are there for a reason. Also, you can safely hand-tighten the screws until they are snug, but not tight. A cooler coming loose is definitely not going to be a funny situation. All backplates are pretty much the same anyway if they are for the corresponding socket type. happy gaming!

Solution