[SOLVED] Is it normal for an internal HDD to vibrate?

Oct 26, 2020
Basically some time ago I just got an PC ( 3 years ) and some days ago my HDD started vibrating when I was starting the PC. Today I just started the PC and the HDD started shaking all the case. What should I do now ? ( Yes, I verified the HDD and doesn't move or anything.)

Solution
Slight to moderate vibration is normal, even a brand-new drive will have some from bearings and the motor magnets. Shaking the whole case usually isn't.

I'd recommend backing up any important data you have on it just in case if you haven't done so already and make plans to either get a new HDD or upgrade to an SSD of any sort.
despite being a mechanical device a visual shake is an issue, perhaps if you place on your hand on it or on the cage you could feel something, but not visually nor shake your entire case, and if its not correctly held in place, well, god knows but that cant be right, specially because hdd doesnt have much tolerance to impacts or shocks and vibrations also doesnt help the cause, it could cause bad write or read on some more extreme cases, none the less, unless your case is made of paper and then hdd isnt perfectly in place and screwed in, i wouldnt trust it any longer.

InvalidError

Titan
Slight to moderate vibration is normal, even a brand-new drive will have some from bearings and the motor magnets. Shaking the whole case usually isn't.

I'd recommend backing up any important data you have on it just in case if you haven't done so already and make plans to either get a new HDD or upgrade to an SSD of any sort.

Solution