[SOLVED] Is it normal for an m.2 to slightly bend under the provided heat sink on my mobo?

ChrisComments

Prominent
Aug 11, 2020
So I installed my adata xpg sx8200 pro and my b450m pro gaming carbon AC has a heat sink included. One of those up and down heat sinks Here is a picture

Like the bend Is very little but it's there I can only see it when I get a flash light and look under the m.2 shield

Solution
I am going to say no - not normal.

Appears to be wedged in and the bend may prove problematic once the m.2/heat shield heats up and tries to expand....

Check the documentation and installation instructions. Why was the "80" used and not the end "110"?

The red box 9 is covering the end m.2 so I am not sure about that standoff location.

The screw @ "80" does not appear to be the correct screw and it also appears to not have squarely threaded into position.

Remove everything, check for damage (threads, standoff, m.s) and carefully reassemble.

Ensure that the seating is fully and firmly into place and then secure the m.2 again.

Ralston18

Titan
I am going to say no - not normal.

Appears to be wedged in and the bend may prove problematic once the m.2/heat shield heats up and tries to expand....

Check the documentation and installation instructions. Why was the "80" used and not the end "110"?

The red box 9 is covering the end m.2 so I am not sure about that standoff location.

The screw @ "80" does not appear to be the correct screw and it also appears to not have squarely threaded into position.

Remove everything, check for damage (threads, standoff, m.s) and carefully reassemble.

Ensure that the seating is fully and firmly into place and then secure the m.2 again.

Solution