[SOLVED] Is it normal for my display to not get hot?

Jan 9, 2021
So I've bought this "new" monitor.

It's refurbished and well I don't enjoy spending a lot of money on things,
as long as they can last me a long time (as they do) It's fine.

But this one is interesting in my opinion.
For a couple of years I've been using LCD monitors or whatever you call them (those flat ones)
and they have always been hot to touch, I don't know why maybe its because of the amount of
electricity that goes through or how many times the image is refreshed.
I don't know, I'm not an electrician.

Is this normal though? I remember every monitor I used was hot to touch after 6+ hours of work.

But this one I'm using for 12 hours straight and it's cold, It's mildly warm at the
outside frame to the right of the monitor but it's so small amount of heat that its still mostly
cold compared to the previous monitors I've used... and it's absolutely bending my mind (lol).

Is it safe? Is it something I should be concerned about?
Or have I discovered some tech I did not know existed (lol)

It's a Fujitsu monitor.

Thanks.

Solution
Different backlight technologies.
Old LCD screens used CCFL backlight. Those could get rather warm.
Modern screens (from ~2010 and newer) use led backlight instead.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My monito is cold to touch, its been on for 12 hours now, I think its normal? I just went and touched back of it, it is normal. no heat I can feel. I expect its power brick is warm but I am not touching that.

I know my last monitor used to radiate some heat but my new LG hasn't caused that issue

Jan 9, 2021
My monito is cold to touch, its been on for 12 hours now, I think its normal? I just went and touched back of it, it is normal. no heat I can feel.

I know my last monitor used to radiate some heat but my new LG hasn't caused that issue
Funny thing about my monitor is that the LCD itself is cold to touch. I can't explain it but the entirety of the monitor is cold.
Edit: And It might seem funny to be asking about such thing, but I never in my life encountered this, maybe cause I'm old and I don't buy too much new stuff to be able to encounter such things

Jan 9, 2021
Yeah. The right side is so slightly warm, but barely noticeable when touching the right side of the LCD.
It's still fascinating that the entire LCD is so cold when other monitors I've used were always at least somewhat warm to touch on any part of the LCD.

TRENDING THREADS