[SOLVED] Is it normal for my new ryzen 7 3700x to have idle temperatures fluctuate from 40-70c?

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
This is my first Ryzen cpu and I'm just curious is it normal for my Ryzen 7 3700x with stock cooler, using the asrock steel legend x570 motherboard to have idle temps fluctuating from 40-70? I'm just running MSI afterburner and it shows my CPU from 40 goes away to 70 then gradually goes back down to 40 then gradually back up to 70 again. In games too my CPU is hotter than my GPU but I have noticed that my CPU tempts do no to above 75c when gaming.

D

Deleted member 14196

That seems a little strange have you looked at resource monitor To check and see what might be going on that’s rising the CPU temperature? I just did a build for a friend with a Rysen three 3200 G and idle it does not go above 35C but that was just with a clean windows install on it

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
That seems a little strange have you looked at resource monitor To check and see what might be going on that’s rising the CPU temperature? I just did a build for a friend with a Rysen three 3200 G and idle it does not go above 35C but that was just with a clean windows install on it
strange I went to check my cpu temp in amd ryzen master and it showed a stable 41c when it was idle (I live in a hot country with a room temp of 38c or so)

What were you measuring temps with, very few 3rd party temp monitors can measure Ryzen cpu's correctly. If Ryzen master says 41c then that is as accurate as you can get and perfectly normal with the stock cooler. Things like Speccy are awful for Ryzen, told me my CPU was 125c...... it meant fahrenheit :LOL:

Nevis

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
What were you measuring temps with, very few 3rd party temp monitors can measure Ryzen cpu's correctly. If Ryzen master says 41c then that is as accurate as you can get and perfectly normal with the stock cooler. Things like Speccy are awful for Ryzen, told me my CPU was 125c...... it meant fahrenheit :LOL:
I was using msi afterburner

This is my first Ryzen cpu and I'm just curious is it normal for my Ryzen 7 3700x with stock cooler, using the asrock steel legend x570 motherboard to have idle temps fluctuating from 40-70? I'm just running MSI afterburner and it shows my CPU from 40 goes away to 70 then gradually goes back down to 40 then gradually back up to 70 again. In games too my CPU is hotter than my GPU but I have noticed that my CPU tempts do no to above 75c when gaming.

Completely normal.

Sep 2, 2020
You'll have to wait until they update Riva tuner and AFB to use the new tech 3rd Gen Ryzen has with sensors and stuff.

July 2021 (2 full years later) and it's STILL not supported :/