[SOLVED] Is it normal for sfc /scannow to find errors on a new PC?

AaronKyle

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
I've had my PC for about 3 months and ran sfc /scannow out of curiosity a few time.

So far it found and successfully repaired errors 3 times.

I didn't notice any faults with my PC. As far as usage goes, I don't do much with it aside from steaming film/tv and writing in word and general browsing.

There is nothing to imply that anything bad is going on and I haven't noticed anything different.

Am I missing the point? Are errors on sfc necessarily a bad and fatal thing or should I ignore it and stop running the scan every month?

Solution
Running SFC scans (and having it repair errors) monthly is pretty okay. SFC just checks if Windows files are still there. And hard shutdown can create a few files it'll fix. If you are getting fixed files frequently and for no reason though, try running chkdsk c: to check the health of the drive.

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
Running SFC scans (and having it repair errors) monthly is pretty okay. SFC just checks if Windows files are still there. And hard shutdown can create a few files it'll fix. If you are getting fixed files frequently and for no reason though, try running chkdsk c: to check the health of the drive.

Solution