[SOLVED] Is it normal that my computer constantly messes up?

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
It has messed up and i fix it.... its always FPS drops, micro stuttering.... just small problems that piss me off to no end which cause me hours of frustration every couple weeks. Whenever I update drivers or windows all my settings get reset back to default and messes up everything and i have to go back and change everything to how it was before.
Is that "normal" behavior? Cause its really annoying, this is my first build so i dont know

Solution
It has messed up and i fix it.... its always FPS drops, micro stuttering.... just small problems that piss me off to no end which cause me hours of frustration every couple weeks. Whenever I update drivers or windows all my settings get reset back to default and messes up everything and i have to go back and change everything to how it was before.
Is that "normal" behavior? Cause its really annoying, this is my first build so i dont know
What changes get reset ? It's normal that drivers reset their settings when changed/upgraded. Any OC applied by software will also reset with Windows update. Windows updates are only once a month and even then not much is changed, security updates do not cause any large changes,
What changes get reset ? It's normal that drivers reset their settings when changed/upgraded. Any OC applied by software will also reset with Windows update. Windows updates are only once a month and even then not much is changed, security updates do not cause any large changes,

Solution

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
All OC settings, even the AMD High Performance Power setting (the one in Windows) resets all back to default. Including GPU overclocks and Nvidia Control Panel options which is supper annoying. There are "driver" updates that update automatically (like windows for example) and reset things to default and make life miserable for the next couple of days while i figure out why my 3k dollar pc stutters. When I finally "figure it out" its ALWAYS something stupid I know I had done before like change the NVP setting for high performance or turning on VSYNC (I have a GSYNC monitor, blurbusters said to turn VSYNC on in Nvidia CP).
Is there a way to set the defaults to what they are now? I.E. make everything stay the same even with driver updates etc?