[SOLVED] Is it normal to have two updates intalled which have same codes?

Aug 12, 2019
UTWsC2Q.png

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Not typical, but not something that would concern me. There are occasional "burps" where either an install fails (actually, and that's usually noted in the screen you show) or that whatever it is that gets cleared or set that tells Windows Update that a given KB update installed successfully doesn't.

A second try is the result.

Aug 12, 2019
Not typical, but not something that would concern me. There are occasional "burps" where either an install fails (actually, and that's usually noted in the screen you show) or that whatever it is that gets cleared or set that tells Windows Update that a given KB update installed successfully doesn't.

A second try is the result.
But it says both are succesfully installed

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I gave the scenario that causes this.

If the flag that declares that a KB update has succeeded (or possibly failed) is somehow not set, even if the process itself did succeed, a second try will result.

All it takes is some small glitch after all the work has actually been done, and successfully, that causes what Windows uses to determine whether an update has actually installed is somehow not set. It does happen, rarely.

There is no reason to worry about this unless you were to continue getting an endless stream of ongoing install attempts. I doubt you will.

Aug 12, 2019
It's because it was successful, don't worry. There's not actually 2 of it installed.
I gave the scenario that causes this.

If the flag that declares that a KB update has succeeded (or possibly failed) is somehow not set, even if the process itself did succeed, a second try will result.

All it takes is some small glitch after all the work has actually been done, and successfully, that causes what Windows uses to determine whether an update has actually installed is somehow not set. It does happen, rarely.

There is no reason to worry about this unless you were to continue getting an endless stream of ongoing install attempts. I doubt you will.

Enjoy your computer , no worries on the double entry in the update menu.
Okay then.Thank you guys for answering.Lock the thread please.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
As an aside, this is unusual in the "Quality Updates" section, but not unheard of.

It is standard operating procedure in the Definition Updates and Other Updates sections. The same KB number is reused for many of updates in those two classes.

P.S. - TH doesn't lock/close topics as usual procedure