Question Is it OK buying an old HP 8570w Workstation ?

Jan 24, 2021
Hi. My question is it ok to buy old mobile HP workstation 8570w? It has these specs:
i7-3520M CPU 2.9Ghz,
Nvidia 1000K 2GB,
320GB SSD.

Is it completely waste of time to look into used laptops or they can work even if they are old?

Of course used laptops can work, soon as you own a laptop for a bit it is used but still works.

The real question is how good is that exact laptop you are looking at for what you want to do with it, what shape it's in and how much you are paying for it vs other models. That only you can answer since we don't know any of the details.

Reactions: Viktor4645544
Jan 24, 2021
Of course used laptops can work, soon as you own a laptop for a bit it is used but still works.

The real question is how good is that exact laptop you are looking at for what you want to do with it, what shape it's in and how much you are paying for it vs other models. That only you can answer since we don't know any of the details.
I was curious to know how old laptops should I avoid?

Elros

Reputable
BANNED
Dec 16, 2020
I would suggest buying used ThinkPad workstations. Even with heavy abuse using throughout the years, my thinkpads are still serving me. You can find refurbished ones from 2015-16 for 300-500$. Don't know your budget, but I would never buy a used hp notebook, ever. Had some hp laptops in the past and was always, ALWAYS, regretful.

I would suggest buying used ThinkPad workstations. Even with heavy abuse using throughout the years, my thinkpads are still serving me. You can find refurbished ones from 2015-16 for 300-500$. Don't know your budget, but I would never buy a used hp notebook, ever. Had some hp laptops in the past and was always, ALWAYS, regretful.

Very true. I have never rated HP laptops very high for reliability, even new ones. My son bought two for his kids and they both had a problem with "missing WiFi adapter" just after the warranty expired. Recommendation to buy a Lenovo ThinkPad is spot on.

Reactions: Viktor4645544