[SOLVED] Is it ok if i run DDU without safe mode?

Jul 12, 2020
So I'm planning on swapping my rx 580 4gb to a gtx 1650 super or gtx 1660 super. Since I have to uninstall the amd drivers I'm going to use DDU, it says that I have to run DDU in safe mode, so i tried to go in safe mode but there is no signal in my monitor, so I powered off my computer and went back to the normal windows 10. So my question is, would it be ok if I run DDU without safe mode (option 3), do I just need to close the amd software from the system tray and then carry on with the process of uninstalling the graphics drivers? Thanks.

Solution
Works fine without safe mode.

Just select the remove amd drivers and reboot option.

You don't need to shut down the radeon software manually, it will do that for you.
Jul 12, 2020

You don't need to shut down the radeon software manually, it will do that for you.

Yes I have run DDU without Safe Mode before and it worked fine.
I would recommend unplugging your broadband cable from your PC throughout the process to stop Windows automatically installing a default driver too.

Andy

Alright, thank you so much for the replies!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020

Btw, wouldn't it be easier if I selected the clean and shutdown instead of clean and reboot since I'm swapping my card?

Last edited: