[SOLVED] Is it ok if one core runs hotter than the others?

Oct 23, 2022
I have a 10900k and my core number 4 is always hotter than the others. If i dont overclock it would go up to 60 while the other cores would stay around 55-58 degrees, with maybe one core being at 59.
However if I overclock it the core number 4 would go up to 73 while the rest will sit at 67 - 71, and a couple of cores at 72. I know the difference is not that great but it there's dfntly a trend in how it works. Should I be worried? Maybe reapply the thermal paste? Or is it normal?

One more thing, I see those results when I stress test it with CPU Z however when I do a stress test with AiDA 64 all the cores are jumping around 64-70 degrees, while core number 4 and core number 5 would jump up to 78 degrees for a brief second sometimes.
Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Solution
Not unusual since CPU will typically have some cores be stronger than others. Just to be sure you could check your paste application, but none of those temps are anything to be concerned with in regard to 10th gen Intel. They actually seem to be in the desirable zone.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Not unusual since CPU will typically have some cores be stronger than others. Just to be sure you could check your paste application, but none of those temps are anything to be concerned with in regard to 10th gen Intel. They actually seem to be in the desirable zone.

Solution