Question Is it ok to buy x570 board now or should I wait ?

gat3keeper

Reputable
Mar 5, 2017
51
1
4,535
0
I have a b450... thinking to upgrade to x570. Question is, should I pull the trigger now or wait for x670 or something new?

If x570, is it future proof for at lease another new generation of CPU?

B550 is not an option coz I will l be needing at least 2 pcie 4 slots thats why Im thinking to upgrade.
 

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see why not. I don't think AMD has announced any radical new technologies apart from Smart Access Memory.

Next gen boards might need a little less cooling if they do a die shrink on the chipset, maybe.
 

DSzymborski

Polypheme
Moderator
It really depends how long you're willing to wait. There's unlikely to be any major new features at this point on AM4, so if you're fine sticking with AM4, you shouldn't be worried. Zen 4 is almost certainly going to be a DDR5/PCIE5 with a new socket, but it's also likely 18 months or so away.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS