Is it ok to cut a piece of plastic off my card?

shezmu

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
I just got an EVGA gtx 1050 and the plastic case is too big in one small spot. The cylinder below where the card plugs in is hitting the plastic. Is it ok to cut just a piece off of it? Here are the parts I'm talking about. https://imgur.com/a/gpdQk

Solution
Just one thing to consider before doing anything, by cutting the card you will most likely void the warranty.....even though it's not going to change the way the card works, the manufacture would still deem it as tampering.

So if you understand the risk and still want to go ahead with it, you can remove the plastic as it has no impact on how the card operates, just be careful not to damage anything else in the process. BTW, that "cylinder" is a capacitor.
Just one thing to consider before doing anything, by cutting the card you will most likely void the warranty.....even though it's not going to change the way the card works, the manufacture would still deem it as tampering.

So if you understand the risk and still want to go ahead with it, you can remove the plastic as it has no impact on how the card operates, just be careful not to damage anything else in the process. BTW, that "cylinder" is a capacitor.

Solution