[SOLVED] Is it ok to mix 2 of the same ram speeds but different brands

May 21, 2020
is it ok for me to mix e.g a kingstone hyperx with a corsair ram stick but they are the same Mhz?
i understand that if you have one high Mhz ram and one lower then the higher one will be forced down to the same speed but what would happen if i added the same speed but different ram brand etc
2nd question is what will happen if i buy 2 different ram speeds and brands

Solution
Is it "ok"?
Idk,but you will have less chance of the sticks even working together.
what would happen if i added the same speed but different ram brand etc
Either some sticks wouldnt get recognized,or they would run at different speeds.
Same answer as in the 1st question
Is it "ok"?
Either some sticks wouldnt get recognized,or they would run at different speeds.

Solution
is it ok for me to mix e.g a kingstone hyperx with a corsair ram stick but they are the same Mhz?
i understand that if you have one high Mhz ram and one lower then the higher one will be forced down to the same speed but what would happen if i added the same speed but different ram brand etc
If they are ddr3, you have a good shot of it working ime. If ddr4, probably not. And for different speeds and brands, chances drop and for dd4 very unlikely to work.

May 21, 2020
Is it "ok"?
ok ive decided to get the same ram stick but the 2 in by pc are 4gb hyperx fury 1866mhz and the one i am buying is 4gb 1600mhz same brand. so the speed will drop for the other 2 rams is there any other concerns/ disadvantages. is the speed difference a big problem?

ok ive decided to get the same ram stick but the 2 in by pc are 4gb hyperx fury 1866mhz and the one i am buying is 4gb 1600mhz same brand. so the speed will drop for the other 2 rams is there any other concerns/ disadvantages. is the speed difference a big problem?
no,it isnt.
The only concerns i would have is that it wouldnt work together.
Even if you buy the exact same stick,with the exact same model,you still dont have maximum chance of it working together.
Only when you buy ram as a kit,you have the maximum chance of it working together.
But since its ddr3,it has way more chance of working together then if it was ddr4.
So i say it will likely work together.

May 21, 2020
no,it isnt.
The only concerns i would have is that it wouldnt work together.
Even if you buy the exact same stick,with the exact same model,you still dont have maximum chance of it working together.
Only when you buy ram as a kit,you have the maximum chance of it working together.
But since its ddr3,it has way more chance of working together then if it was ddr4.
So i say it will likely work together.
cheers you're super helpful

Reactions: Dj0gany

TRENDING THREADS