[SOLVED] Is it ok to mix RAM with different frequencies as long as the timings are the same?

foroomate

Honorable
May 18, 2018
I have a 1333Mhz DDR3 with 9-9-9-24 timings. I want to add another 1600Mhz DDR3 with the same timings. The only difference is the frequency.
I saw in many places that you shouldn't mix RAM of different specs or even brands. But if you choose the same timings it should be OK.
But is it also OK if I match timings but with different frequencies?

Solution
I have a 1333Mhz DDR3 with 9-9-9-24 timings. I want to add another 1600Mhz DDR3 with the same timings. The only difference is the frequency.
I saw in many places that you shouldn't mix RAM of different specs or even brands. But if you choose the same timings it should be OK.
It will probably work but may be unreliable or unstable. You'd have to run some memory stability tests to be sure.

I ran 4 sticks of DDR3 from two different kits/brands with both different timings and clocks but they'd only work at lower clocks than either kit would alone. Alone they'd operate at 2000 but together they'd only do 1800.
D

Deleted member 14196

You will have to test it and see if it works nobody can predict what’s going to work and what’s not going to work if the ram doesn’t come from one kit

Reactions: foroomate
It will probably work but may be unreliable or unstable. You'd have to run some memory stability tests to be sure.

I ran 4 sticks of DDR3 from two different kits/brands with both different timings and clocks but they'd only work at lower clocks than either kit would alone. Alone they'd operate at 2000 but together they'd only do 1800.

Reactions: foroomate
Solution

TRENDING THREADS