Question Is it ok to only use my 2 case fans?

chris96993

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014
Just built my pc, cpu is ryzen 7 2700, and gpu is a 2060 ventus oc. This gpu is known to run a little hot.

I will only be playing a low demanding game and streaming.

My case is a Nzxt H500, one exhaust fan on the top and one exhaust on the rear.

So usually you would slap a few intake fans because why not more air movement and less dust, but supposedly nzxt knew what they were doing with this case and created a negative pressure cabin, that keeps the gpu at a lower temp then if you were to have two additional intake fans (it would disrupt thr flow or something)

Is this dumb to leave the case at stock? I dont want components to overheat, so let me know what you would do

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
Just built my pc, cpu is ryzen 7 2700, and gpu is a 2060 ventus oc. This gpu is known to run a little hot.

I will only be playing a low demanding game and streaming.

My case is a Nzxt H500, one exhaust fan on the top and one exhaust on the rear.

So usually you would slap a few intake fans because why not more air movement and less dust, but supposedly nzxt knew what they were doing with this case and created a negative pressure cabin, that keeps the gpu at a lower temp then if you were to have two additional intake fans (it would disrupt thr flow or something)

Is this dumb to leave the case at stock? I dont want components to overheat, so let me know what you would do
It totally depends on you.
Try to keep it at stock and if it feels like its over heating then add more fans cuz thats not an major issue which cant be fixed afterwards.

but supposedly nzxt knew what they were doing with this case and created a negative pressure cabin
Nzxt H500 is meant to be used with AIO watercooling and radiator in front of the case.
If you don't have watercooling, then put 2x 140mm fans in there. Or you can also move top fan to front position. Without air intake temperatures inside the case will rise significantly.