Is it ok to put a case fan on the PSU ?

SnowBallYT

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
can i lay down a LED molex fan right ontop of the PSU so it blows air straight up to the MOBO and the cpu cooler ? also when i get a gpu it will blow right into the gpu , is that a good idea or no because there is no space in my case .

Solution

what?
Your PSU fan pulls air through it self and out of the case, you cant put another fan to push air in opposite direction.
No space for what?

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016

what?
Your PSU fan pulls air through it self and out of the case, you cant put another fan to push air in opposite direction.
No space for what?

Solution

SnowBallYT

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

there is no space anywhere else to put another fan , the psu fan is at the bottom of the case. where i put another fan the psu is completely flat so i don't understand how it's pushing air opposite direction ?

Makentox

Estimable
Sep 24, 2016

Your PSU fan suck air from the bottom/under your case, then through and out of rear PSU port. If you put a fan on top/above your PSU it will just push air inside your case up. Just use normal configuration - intake fans in the front and exhaust rear or top.

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/66/350x700px-LL-6693db24_1UW4Y.jpeg

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

So you want to lay a fan on a flat surface where it cant pull in any air to blow upwards? I mean you can if you want but I doubt it will do anything for you.

TRENDING THREADS