is it OK to run IPhone 6S with the newest version of iOS ?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I haven't used iPhone for a couple of years. Since the launch of iPhone 8 I want to get back to the Apple world , especially because they don't take iPhone 6S off the shelf. It's of the best value in my opinion, compared to that of 7 or 8. However, I have one concern, that is if it will get lagged in a year or two?
I have learnt a lesson from my previous iPhone (iPhone 5) that I updated the iOS and then it just ruined up the phone, the whole thing got lagged so much because of the update.

If I get an iPhone 6S now and expect to use it for at least two years, let say the mid of 2019. Will it be possibly that at that time I should not update my 6S any more??

Solution
like past experiences, the newer ios versions will not run as well on older phones.

it may be compatible and a suggested upgrade but as you know it may not run very well on the older phone. i'd do some googling and see if you can find some reviews or comments made about the newest version on the iphone 6s. if the majority say it runs fine, then it probably does. if most say ti runs terrible, then avoid it. there will always be 1 or 2 who complain no matter what so ignore the outliers and look for a solid pattern when reading comments and reviews.

but then you already knew this answer :)

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
like past experiences, the newer ios versions will not run as well on older phones.

it may be compatible and a suggested upgrade but as you know it may not run very well on the older phone. i'd do some googling and see if you can find some reviews or comments made about the newest version on the iphone 6s. if the majority say it runs fine, then it probably does. if most say ti runs terrible, then avoid it. there will always be 1 or 2 who complain no matter what so ignore the outliers and look for a solid pattern when reading comments and reviews.

but then you already knew this answer :)

Solution