[SOLVED] Is it ok to run Ram with different voltages?

Jul 22, 2021
I have Sony Vaio SVE15133CN laptop with i3-31200M@2.5GHz with 2GB Elpida preinstalled RAM(1.50V).I wanted to upgrade my laptop memory so I bought Samsung 4GB ram with same specs but with voltage 1.35V. I have putted both on 2 memory slots(since 3-4 days) and I am getting very good performance. But I have read in some forums that using Ram with different voltages can cause damage to your motherboard or RAM or physical parts. Is it true? Should I remove one of them?
RAM specs:-
Elpida-> 2GB 1RX8 PC3-12800S-11-10-B2
SAMSUNG->4GB 2RX8 PC3L-12800S-11-11-F3

Help me out. Thanks in advance.

Solution
How can you say that samsung ram is running at 1.5V and willn't cause any damage?
Because Elpida ram is DDR3. I is very unlikely to be able to run ar 1.35V.
All ram in system runs at same voltage. It's not possible to specify different voltages for each module separately.
CPU-Z is showing 1.5V of Elpida and 1.35V to Samsung. May I be 100% sure that my RAM or motherboard willn't damage?
Those are values from SDP table. Those are not actual voltages/latencies, that are currently being used.

Everything is good there. You have nothing to worry about.
Jul 22, 2021
Both modules are running at 1.5V now.
It's fine. DDR3L (Samsung module) can run at 1.5V no problem.
Thanks a lot for replying.
How can you say that samsung ram is running at 1.5V and willn't cause any damage? CPU-Z is showing 1.5V of Elpida and 1.35V to Samsung. May I be 100% sure that my RAM or motherboard willn't damage?

How can you say that samsung ram is running at 1.5V and willn't cause any damage?
Because Elpida ram is DDR3. I is very unlikely to be able to run ar 1.35V.
All ram in system runs at same voltage. It's not possible to specify different voltages for each module separately.
CPU-Z is showing 1.5V of Elpida and 1.35V to Samsung. May I be 100% sure that my RAM or motherboard willn't damage?
Those are values from SDP table. Those are not actual voltages/latencies, that are currently being used.

Everything is good there. You have nothing to worry about.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS