Question is it ok to use a browser outside of my AV protection?

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Since Windows 10 is worse than Windows 8 in terms of speed (even after removing the bloatware that came pre-installed with it) and Firefox is way too slow in startup response, I'm looking to use Opera instead since its based on Chrome and faster than Firefox, but my biggest concern is what about Internet shield protection, I use Kaspersky as an active anti-virus it does a good job for catching and deleting the viruses, however I found out that Kaspersky,Norton and many others does not support Opera since its a underrated browser, my question is can I stay still protected against web malware like scripts or any others, file shield is enough to protect me from internet? an web/internet virus have to have a file on my disk to make harm yes? Firewall still working as its a seperate feature in Kaspersky AV

thanks in advance

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hey again, it looks like that was my fault, I switched to my firefox homepage to firefox default (firefox logo without anything related to the google or gmail) now firefox starts up fast, at least more faster than the previously, I think this is related to the engine firefox using, chrome based browsers always starts up and runs very fast on basically any computer, since firefox is independent browser sadly they suffer issues like this it seems, however of course I will keep using firefox no matter is the cost, nothing on this planet can make me use chrome.

anyways, consider my problem is solved, thanks

TRENDING THREADS