[SOLVED] Is it ok to use product key got online on website for free

Solution
To my knowledge, there is no way for a product key to affect the security of a PC. As long as the OS is downloaded directly from Microsoft, there should be no issue other than the key fails to activate.
If it is just the license key, true.

But if this "free" license comes with an "activator"...then it is absolutely hazardous. Guaranteed to include malware.

Still...one has to wonder where these "free license keys" come from.
Just like "free RAM".
Licensed software is little different than hardware.

Wolfshadw

Titan
To my knowledge, there is no way for a product key to affect the security of a PC. As long as the OS is downloaded directly from Microsoft, there should be no issue other than the key fails to activate. Personally, I don't understand why people have such an issue paying $100 for the product license. People pay $1500 to a scalper for an $800 graphics card, but won't pay a legitimate company $100 for a legitimate license?

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
To my knowledge, there is no way for a product key to affect the security of a PC. As long as the OS is downloaded directly from Microsoft, there should be no issue other than the key fails to activate.
If it is just the license key, true.

But if this "free" license comes with an "activator"...then it is absolutely hazardous. Guaranteed to include malware.

Still...one has to wonder where these "free license keys" come from.
Just like "free RAM".
Licensed software is little different than hardware.

Reactions: Wolfshadw
Solution