[SOLVED] Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Please don't edit a thread to make it useless to others. Thank you.
Hello, I'm new to this forum so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask about this, if it's not then if a moderator could move it to the right place would appreciated.

Today I'm gonna build my first pc ever I tried to make sure to buy a good psu that won't harm my components in case it fails. Unfortunately I made a mistake and bought one that doesn't have OCP instead it has OPP, it seems like that is an important protection and if I understood its purpose correctly it shuts down the psu to protect it and everything else if a component tries to draw too much power. So what I want to do is to plug my motherboard into the psu and use the bios flashback option on the motherboard to see if the psu works correctly and in case it's faulty I don't lose everything. Is that possible?. My psu is a Corsair Rm750x and my motherboard is an Msi x570 gaming plus.

Thank you.

Solution
That PSU will be fine. And yes, I always breadboard the components outside the case before assembly. At least the board, CPU/cooler, iGPU/card, PSU, monitor, RAM, keyboard.
Unfortunately I made a mistake and bought one that doesn't have OCP instead it has OPP, it seems like that is an important protection and if I understood its purpose correctly it shuts down the psu to protect it and everything else if a component tries to draw too much power.

Don't drink that LTT forums Kool Aid B.S.

There's nothing wrong with single +12V rail PSUs.

Reactions: UncleFelow

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
That PSU will be fine. And yes, I always breadboard the components outside the case before assembly. At least the board, CPU/cooler, iGPU/card, PSU, monitor, RAM, keyboard.
Don't drink that LTT forums Kool Aid B.S.

There's nothing wrong with single +12V rail PSUs.
Okay thanks.
I had to save for a long time to buy my components so I'm trying to be as safe as possible since I can't rely on warranty where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS