[SOLVED] Is it okay that my 630W PSU to my RX580? (8pin PCIE)

Mar 15, 2020
my PSU have 8pins for my PCIE and also my GPU need 8pins, What should I do? Thanks.
630-600x571-1.jpg

Solution
A "630W" PSU... the real number would be 588W, that being the max power output on the +12V rail. It's a crappy unit with no reviews from any reputable reviewer.

I'd just swap to a better PSU if I were you... on a budget you can get away with a Corsair CXM model, if you're not Corsair TXM or RM series, Seasonic Focus Plus, Superflower Leadex III.... a 550W(you can get the 650W too for future upgrades) from any of the models listed above will be plenty for your system.

The alternative would be to just run with the thermaltake until you're saving up for a new PSU... not the optimal strategy, but if you have no other choice...

About that 8 pin PCIe... you just need to plug it in your RX 580, that's it. Also make sure that you uninstall...
Mar 15, 2020
I don't really understand what do you mean... just plug the 8 pin PCIe into the RX 580.

What PSU model do you have(manufacturer + model)? Post the full system specs(cpu, motherboard, ram, psu).
Motherboard:ASUS H81M-K
Processor:Intel core i7-4790
GPU: NVDIA Quadro k620
PSU: Theremaltake 630W Smart SE
RAM: 16GB DDR3

A "630W" PSU... the real number would be 588W, that being the max power output on the +12V rail. It's a crappy unit with no reviews from any reputable reviewer.

I'd just swap to a better PSU if I were you... on a budget you can get away with a Corsair CXM model, if you're not Corsair TXM or RM series, Seasonic Focus Plus, Superflower Leadex III.... a 550W(you can get the 650W too for future upgrades) from any of the models listed above will be plenty for your system.

The alternative would be to just run with the thermaltake until you're saving up for a new PSU... not the optimal strategy, but if you have no other choice...

About that 8 pin PCIe... you just need to plug it in your RX 580, that's it. Also make sure that you uninstall your current NVIDIA drivers with DDU in safe mode before installing the RX 580. Then just install the corresponding AMD drivers for the new card.

Solution
Mar 15, 2020

About that 8 pin PCIe... you just need to plug it in your RX 580, that's it. Also make sure that you uninstall your current NVIDIA drivers with DDU in safe mode before installing the RX 580. Then just install the corresponding AMD drivers for the new card.
Thats a lot of help. Thank you. :D