[SOLVED] Is it okay to add Coolant after I put the Distilled Water in my loop?

Jun 14, 2020
My XSPC just arrived and I already have distilled water cooling my unit. I had a plan before that, since my coolant is not yet here, I'll just put distiled water in my loop first and when coolant arrives after 2 weeks , I'll just pour it in my loop.

Now my question is, is it okay to just pour this coolant in my loop? or do I have to drain my distilled water again and replaced it with new Distilled water mixed with XSPC coolant?

Thank you!

Solution
Assuming you'll have to drain some in order to displace it with coolant, it would be fine, unless the coolant is not intended to be mixed with distilled and run 100% strength. Some coolants are meant to mix with distilled water, some are meant to be used as-is.

Will it hurt either way? No, but if it is meant to be full-strength, it might not have the longevity or potency to ward off microbial growth.
My XSPC just arrived and I already have distilled water cooling my unit. I had a plan before that, since my coolant is not yet here, I'll just put distiled water in my loop first and when coolant arrives after 2 weeks , I'll just pour it in my loop.

Now my question is, is it okay to just pour this coolant in my loop? or do I have to drain my distilled water again and replaced it with new Distilled water mixed with XSPC coolant?

Thank you!
It might take a week or so to mix properly.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Assuming you'll have to drain some in order to displace it with coolant, it would be fine, unless the coolant is not intended to be mixed with distilled and run 100% strength. Some coolants are meant to mix with distilled water, some are meant to be used as-is.

Will it hurt either way? No, but if it is meant to be full-strength, it might not have the longevity or potency to ward off microbial growth.

Solution