Question Is it okay to Mix my Vengeance Kits?

Steele1992

Prominent
Oct 6, 2019
I currently have 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz running in my machine and also have 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black at 3200mhz arriving tomorrow.

The timings are different but from what ive read it should just run at the slowest timings or am I completely off?
Just want to know if im going to have any issues when I try installing said ram kits tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes always if you mix them they run with the slower config. It may work it may not its mostly not recommended to mix them. I was able to mix 2x8 2400mhz with 2x4 2666mhz and run 24Gb total 2666mhz 16cl for like a year now without any problem at all.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Your mileage may vary (YMMV). Mixing and matching memory can produce undesirable results. They may perform okay together, and they may not. They are likely to perform sub-optimally (slower than rated speeds).

Try it and see how it turns out. Good luck.

Steele1992

Prominent
Oct 6, 2019
Your mileage may vary (YMMV). Mixing and matching memory can produce undesirable results. They may perform okay together, and they may not. They are likely to perform sub-optimally (slower than rated speeds).

Try it and see how it turns out. Good luck.

I already can't run my current ram at 3200 anyway due to my issues with my Ryzen mobo and use 3000 as standard anyway so i'll just see how it goes :sneaky:

Thanks for your help.

Ryzen is picky about ram.
I suspect you will have issues.
Your odds of success are not 100%
If you can return the new ram after trying it, go ahead.
No harm will come if you try the new ram.

Otherwise, if you want 32gb, I would return the new ram unopened and buy a supported 32gb kit.
Keep the old ram as a spare or sell it.