Is it okay to run PC without side panel?

nb7760

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Hi guys,
I wanted to know if it's okay to run a PC without a side panel. I have mine on a desk, and I removed the side panel so that I can see the insides as the side window of my case (Phantom 410) is very small and looks quite ugly. I know that the lack of a side panel equates to less airflow, which I heard can damage the motherboard voltage regulators. There's still some airflow without the side panel, but I honestly don't know if it's enough. tl;dr, will running my PC without a side panel in anyway reduce the lifespan of any of the components (particularly the motherboard voltage regulators)? I've not worried about temps as I'm confident in my cooling setup.

*Edit: I have an H100i GTX cooling my CPU, and I probably only be using my PC like this for a few months, or at least until I get a new case.

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
Yes, you can run the PC without a side panel. Air flow should be ok as long as your ambient temp isnt too hot, keep an eye on your temps for the first few days.

It will shorten the life of your components due to dust, but not by a large enough margin to worry about. You'll prob get a new PC in 5 years right?