[SOLVED] Is it okay to turn on my PC using the AVR while the PSU switch is turned on?

Aug 11, 2021
Good day everyone,

So i have a PSU that has a switch and an AVR i just bought recently (500W). What happened is that the PC's PSU button switch keeps switching on the 'on' side because for some reasons the lock of the spring mechanism inside the actual PSU button or something like that is broken. Basically if i flip the switch off, it will flip back to 'on' by itself.

So it's like the PSU is always toggled as 'on' and when i plug it in the wall outlet, the PC's LED lights and display turns up. I'm worried this may cause problems so I wanted to know if using an AVR can serve as a workaround in this situation. Would it hurt the pc if i use the AVR as its 'main' off and on switch to turn on my pc?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Solution
I do have LED lights on the PC. So I may have to remove them if i am to do this since they stay on when the PSU is plugged in. I did consider this option though, thank you. Just to confirm, would it hurt the hardware if i keep it plugged in 24/7? I may have to wait a few weeks to buy a better PSU.

You can turn that off in the BIOS. Except for any RGB you might have on RAM.
Aug 11, 2021
Why not just keep the PSU plugged in and turn it on and off using the power button at the front of the PC?
I do have LED lights on the PC. So I may have to remove them if i am to do this since they stay on when the PSU is plugged in. I did consider this option though, thank you. Just to confirm, would it hurt the hardware if i keep it plugged in 24/7? I may have to wait a few weeks to buy a better PSU.

You can turn that off in the BIOS. Except for any RGB you might have on RAM.

Reactions: JulesBastian
Solution