Is it okay to update graphic driver from the auto detect software by driver's manufacturer website in my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemobat

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
Hello,I have a dell inspiron 15 3537 with 6GB ram,4th gen i5 proccecer,intel hd graphics 4400 and amd radeon 8670M.My windows update says there no new update and device manager also say that your graphic driver is up to date.But,i downloaded the auto detect software for both my graphic drivers and both says that there is a new update.my question is should i update my intel and amd graphics??

If existing graphics devices & drivers are working okay you should not update them, leave them alone.
Updating a driver just because there is a newer version is not good practice.

Only update a driver if existing one is causing problems or if newer version adds new features which you want.

In your case, go direct to Dell's website to get the latest drivers, but again, only if existing driver is causing problems or has become corrupted.

Should you need to download a driver from Dell, go to their support section and enter your laptop's Service Tag which is printed on the underside of your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.